3 Days Rwanda Mountain Gorilla Trekking Tour
- The gorilla trekking tour starts from Kigali and ends in Kigali.
- Trips depart at any time depending on the availability of gorilla permits.
- Clients will need to book pre-safari accommodation if travelling from a broad and ensure they book flights departing Rwanda late in the night for the best experience, our team of experts can help you arrange accommodation at an extra cost.
- Safari accommodation is standard but clients can upgrade to luxury or downgrade to budget accommodation.
- Clients will visit the Dian Fossey Museum in Kinigi after gorilla trekking to learn more about her work before she was killed by unknown poachers
- Gorilla trekking is the main highlight of this expedition in Volcanoes National Park and clients will spend 1 hour with the gorillas in their Natural habitat.
Detailed safari itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali and transfer to volcanoes national park
Depending on your place of stay, our guide will pick you up in the morning or late morning for a short city tour of Kigali, this clean and well-planned city is a home of history, during this tour you will have the chance to visit the Kigali genocide museum, kimironko market and inema art center, after you will enjoy local Rwandan cuisine and later drive to volcanoes national park for overnight.
Overnight: Tiloreza eco Lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking experience and Dian fossey museum visit
After morning breakfast, you will drive to Volcanoes national park, the park protects the steep slopes of this magnificent mountain range – home of the endangered mountain gorilla and a rich mosaic of montane ecosystems, which embrace evergreen and bamboo forest, open grassland, swamp, and heath. This is one of the few areas in Africa where you can come face to face with the mountain gorillas, the trek is usually ranging from 2-6 hours depending on the location of the gorilla family, usually clients will spend 1 hour with the mountain gorillas after locating them and later you will return to the lodge for relaxation and later you will drive to the Dian fossey museum to learn more about her work with the mountain gorillas.
Overnight: Tiloreza eco Lodge.
Day 3: Golden monkey trekking and transfer to Kigali
After morning breakfast, you head in to the forest to discover the playful and inquisitive nature of the golden monkey, a beautiful little creature found only in the high-altitude forests of the Volcanoes National Park. Spend the morning searching the lush vegetation at the foot of Mount Sabyinyo for one of two habituated groups of golden monkeys, one of them a troop of more than 80 members. Spend an enchanted hour watching their frolics as they leap among the slender shoots of bamboo or tumble among the dense foliage on the forest floor.
Active, sprightly little creatures, the golden monkeys are incredibly entertaining as they amuse themselves swinging through the bamboo or racing after one other in circles around and above you. Blending in perfectly with the golden bamboo, they are very pretty, with shiny reddish-gold backs after this wonderful experience you will then depart for Kigali for your on-word journey.
End of services
- 4x4 safari vehicle, guide and Fuel
- 1 Gorilla permit
- 1 Golden monkey permit.
- Airport transfers
- Kigali city tour
- Meals and drinking water
- Dian fossey museum fees.
- International flight
- Rwanda tourist Visa
- Travel insurance
- Tips for guides and hotels
- Activities not included on the final itinerary
START PLANNING YOUR SAFARI NOW!
Talk to one of our African adventure experts and let them tailor-make your safari